>

Friday, July 20, 2007

An Update on "Walking in Their Shoes"!!! and "The Kindness of Strangers" part two!


..I just came home from a nice run at the track...and I had a really sweet, touching email from someone I have not ever met...as I said before..."The Kindness of Strangers" is surrounding me so much these days...and as I read this email I began to cry and to thank the gods and goddesses...the buddhas and all of life for sending me these beautiful souls and such wondrous blessings for the "Children of Mysore"..this is after all is ..All about them...I am just a vehicle for them...as they have no voice here...But I do..and so do all of you beautiful souls who are seeing my Blog and sending me shoes for them...May you be Blessed Always....always...always...

Here is her email to me and her Blog link is to the right...Linda's Yoga Journey..Thank You Linda..thank you so much..I never expected this..but you are a true Yogini..and your Karma is so rich..I hope to meet you one day..perhaps in January in India!

Namaste my friend~



namaste, all....

I just wanted to let you know of a yogini I became aware of who is asking people to send shoes that she will take to Mysore, India to distribute to street kids. Her address is listed below. If your kids have shoes that are slightly worn and they don't want them anymore, please consider sending them to Tracy. Or maybe if you see some kids shoes on sale somewhere, you might want to buy a pair and send them.....you'll be creating lots of positive karma!

As yogis, we can always try be the change that we want to see in the world....this email is a post from my own blog....

thanks for reading,
shanti......
Linda
____________________________________________________________________________

The global yoga community has a huge heart -- yogis and yoginis coming together for good causes or for charities that are close to our hearts. I became aware of Lotus Girl on
IndiaMike.com, where she is a member and I am a moderator. Her blog is A Lotus Girl and you can read about her charitable cause for yourselves, in her own words:"Walking in Their Shoes" our charity for the street kids of Mysore, IndiaMy son Oliver and I came up with an idea one afternoon..in wanting to "Do something to help the children in India" we came up with a Charity and we named it "Walking in Their Shoes".We are going back to India in January 2008 and we will be working with another charity that is based in Mysore, India called "Operation Shanti". Our goal is to collect as many pairs of children's shoes that we can until we leave. I have received 10 pairs of shoes so far and I have purchased 3 pairs of shoes myself. At last count there were 25 kids that needed shoes...I will be collecting shoes until December 2007.I know that thousands of people read my blog and if you could find it in your heart and your wallet to just send one pair of shoes to me for the children, we would be so Grateful to you!They can be used as well...just not too used...but you probably all have a youngster that has shoes the he or she only has worn a few times and outgrew...we could use them!! We will be attaching a little tag to each pair of shoes that we receive that will include your name and where you are from, so the child who receives the shoes will know who gave them to him/her and you might even get a letter of thanks from the child as well!We Thank You from the bottom of our hearts~and you may send them to me at the following address below...My email address is Alotusgirl@comcast.net if you would like to email me with any questions.Tracy Cox242 Fairmont DriveGrass Valley, CA95945Since Tracy put her address in her blog, I will post it here also. As Tracy says in her blog, thousands of people read her blog -- thousands of people from around the United States also read this blog so please find it in your hearts to send a pair or two to Tracy to help the street kids in Mysore, India. Imagine a street kid in the United States or in your home town...believe me, the street life is even harder in India.There's an old Warren Zevon song called "Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money." How about sending shoes, shoes, and more shoes to Tracy?


No comments: