>

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dreams...


once again last night I had another dream of a baby bird...so I did a Google search for the meaning of Bird Dreams...




Birds are a universal symbol of spirituality, typically seen as messengers of the Divine. For Christians, the Dove represents the Holy Spirit. Native Americans give great respect to the Eagle for its ability to fly closest to the sun or Great Spirit. The sky represents the spiritual realm, and the bird's wings and ability to fly symbolize the soul's desire for wholeness. When Birds show up in our dreams, it's likely that spiritual and psychological growth are in process.

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Is that Ray??

I agree about the birds. Once, in waking time and at a very difficult time in my life, a soft-white dove came and sat on my balcony. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'd never seen one here -- pigeons, yes, doves, never. I watched it for a few minutes, then it turned it's head towards me and looked at me. I'll never forget it.

Tracy said...

yes, that is ray! this photo was taken in fort cochin,india. the eagle came there as a baby, and never left. its free to leave, but stays there...its unbelieveable. very tame.
what a special experience about the dove colette...very special.
xxoo