>

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trust


Sometimes being 16 years old can be tough...I remember....my son is that age now and it is a little hard for him on some days...that is when he comes to me and we talk it through..sometimes.
A few nights ago was one of those times..we talked until 2 a.m. (that's what Moms are for).
That night (or morning rather) before I drifted off to sleep...I said a little prayer for him..and I asked for a sign during my dreams...because whenever I do that I am blessed and always given one. During my dream state that night I dreamt that my turtle was dead in his tank and that our bird was also dead (although we do not have a bird right now)..I went to both of their cages and said out loud "Hanumans dead and so is our bird"..(hanuman is our turtle)
then I remember breathing really hard..almost like after a sprint in running...and I woke up...my breathing woke me up....but I immediately went back to sleep and back to the dream...
suddenly as I went back to the Birds cage..I was looking at the dead bird and all of a sudden a Baby Bird flew into the dead birds cage and I took it into my open palms and said "Its a baby bird.."
I knew what this meant..I knew it was the sign and the message that I had asked for before my sleep...and I know that things will be OK with my Oliver in time..he will emerge from this like a newborn Baby Bird...fresh and clear and ready for life.
"Trust in that in which you have been shown...as it is a sign and a lesson..do not close your eyes or your heart to signs from beyond..or within..as they will only lead you to that in which you have been searching for"
Om Shanti!

1 comment:

A bird in the hand said...

Oh yes. The old will die and be reborn all new. Dear Oliver, lots of hugs to him. xoxo