>

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chai


One thing I really love about India...as if there aren't already enough..is the Chai. The street stand Chai in particular. I don't know what the secret is about the Chai that the street vendors make that makes it taste so heavenly...it may have something to do with the way they pour it into the cups...although that seems ridiculous..I am starting to wonder..
the train Chais I don't really care for..and the train station Chais..same...but the street vendors. I can almost taste it as I sit and type this. In fact just looking at this picture makes me long for a cup...a zillion miles away....

2 comments:

Hellotmf said...

Oooooh... don't get me started on the Chai! It was the only thing I could keep in my system for a few days when I was sick in India. I still remember laying half-dead on a bunk on the train to mysore, and the little man walking up and down the aisles saying "coffee, tea, chai, masala tea, coffee, tea..." Oooh - it may not have been "good chai" but it sure hit the spot then! I'm so glad I found a place nearby in St. Pete that imports Masala Chai from Assam! I feel so spoiled to have a taste of India right at my fingertips!

Tracy said...

you are a lucky one at that...
don't you just love how they say it too??!! ray and i always look at each other and just smile whenever we get on the train and he starts coming down the aisle..