>

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Reconnection


I have always been interested in alternative healing methods..always studying and reading and researching...I have doctors in my family..my husbands brother...my brother..it has always been frustrating to me though somehow...that a doctor will see you for 15 mins. and then prescribe a pill...(or try to at least for me anyway..I'm a hard sale!) my reasoning is that one pill leads to another pill...and then another....and so on. I have always believed that in order to heal yourself you must go to the root of the problem..working from within..
I never take medicines unless they are natural..that's not to say that I would not take something if I were very seriously ill..and it was life threatening..I mean..I will take Malrone while in India for Malaria..so I am not that hard core against pills..But I just feel that too many people take too many pills when they don't necessarily need to. But then that is just my opinion!!!
My husband went to his 90 year old Uncles Memorial on Sunday and saw his 4 girl cousins that he has not seen in maybe 12 years...they were amazed at how my husband "glowed" and that he looked so healthy and radiantly happy..he is..we are..they were as well! Oh how I wished I would have attended. It was a Celebration of his Uncle Bills life and over 100 people were at the home around the pool and roaming the grounds..he said it was a special day indeed. He finally got home at 3:00am..that's how much he enjoyed himself!
But the girl cousins sat with him for hours and hours and they talked about what they have all dedicated their lives to...they are all healers...and they love what they do...and it showed from what I heard. One of his cousins actually demonstrated it on my husband and he was blown away by what he felt. He was so excited to come home and tell me that we talked until almost 5 am!
He knows how "in tune" I am with these things..and his cousins all said that they already knew I was...they felt it...isn't it so amazing how life is..and energy...its all energy..
I just received the book today..I will start to read it this evening..and I am thinking that next year after India and my Marathon in March I will study this technique as I have studied others...but I just have this feeling and this sense about this book and this guy...
I'll get back to you on it...
Om Shanti!

3 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

I'm also getting this book. I am a reiki master so this is fascinating to me. I saw on their website there is a training at Kripalu in July 2008...looks good to me!

Tracy said...

we do have a lot in common!
Kripalu..July 2008..maybe so!!
sounds good to me too!
and that movie is on its way to me as well...Scared Sacred~~~can't wait~!~

Tracy said...

i just realized...my husbands cousin is teaching 2 seminars...she is teaching the semi private level 3 seminar in British Columbia as well as in Nashville...! I didn't realize she was one of the teachers..the book is fascinating Linda! I am so excited about this! You will love it!