>

Friday, July 6, 2007

Peaceful Warrior...


Last night my husband and I watched a movie called "Peaceful Warrior" it is based on the book by Dan Millman. I remember having read the book about 12 years ago and really enjoying it and I remember getting a lot out of it as well. The movie was just as good as the book..and since my husband doesn't enjoy reading much, I knew he would love it.
The basic message is...simply...There are NO ordinary moments...Live in the here and now..
and We are all the same...No one is any better than anyone else....
It was such a great movie that reiterates all that we all already know..but we forget about along this path were traveling called "Life". I'm so happy to have seen it, it helps me to realize that all things will pass, nothing stays the same, and life is basically a HUGE lesson that we are being taught moment by moment.
I was in a completely different place 12 years ago when I read the book, than where I am now. So I believe it "sunk in" a bit more this time around.
If you've not read the book...I would recommend it very highly!
Om Shanti~

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I read the book eons ago. I don't think it sunk it then, because I was in too much pain. I was planning on seeing the movie...

xoxo

Tracy said...

i think you will enjoy it..and it will finally "sink in"...as it seemed to do with me~
xxoo