>

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Beauty in Seeing..


the following entry is from a friend who is in Dharamsala right now....it has had a tremendous impact on her...personally and spiritually as you will read..India does that to a person..if they are open enough to see and take it all in..the lessons and the peace...



a traveler meets his joy and his despair at once. -rumi

I've heard that meditating in one place builds an energy. you can feel it, a source. i notice the same thing between people. between all life. the growth between us, the energy we build and disperse with every step and every smile or every time we don't think of others... and last night i looked up at the night sky and saw more stars than my heart could take in, feeling the strength between us. and i knew what kind of energy i wanted to pass along. and i still know. this infinite relationship asks me to practice peace within and watch it spill out to others. i saw a beautiful documentary, -playing for change international- it opens with people from all over the world singing -stand by me- and my mind was soaring with goodness. I've been pushed and pulled, challenged, forced to build, take apart, and reconstruct my world, while the stars sing and expand and illuminate. today i write about inspiration because my heart hurts and we all need it. each day brings bigger and harder discoveries,

but today the sun
came out to touch my skin and the movie ended with the same group of people singing; one love, one heart. space seems like such a vast word, and yet I'm capable of feeling love for it. and i like to believe that words are beautiful, truthful, transparent and we give them to elevate others. to love others openly and honestly. how can we do any less? and it all comes back to you. I'm inspired by words, but i can't get lost in the constructs of fluid conceptualizations, what are words without actions? what is anything without simultaneous acknowledgement of many interconnected elements? as with my love for space, so too is the spaciousness of our minds. don't limit yourself. a voice from south Africa said, that as we connect to others through music, we inspire, and it becomes a process of lifting each other. i rise, you rise, in creation. do you see it? I'm inspired by magnetism, by the moon, and my visit here on earth. I'm inspired by chemical fusions that bring all possibility into view. I'm inspired by light gathered into the reflective prism of Indian crystal hanging around my neck.
last night as the electricity went out, i found candle light bringing intimacy to all parts of the room, and though my heart may ache, with a closer look, by a flame, i saw the ways it has healed. a glimmer of hope in the night. couldn't stop talking about the never ending story and how it is, and how we are, and i yelled out for falcor and atreyu to come sweep me up because what i need most now is to save fantasia, to stop the nothing, to hear the music, to have a new name, to dream of a place so beautiful and pure. to paint myself a secret garden. and a wise man pointed out that the difficult choice was always the one that offered the most growth... and may this crystallize in my heart, so i never forget. a passage from -cave in the snow- "the Sanskrit word for mindfulness is "smriti", in pali it's "sati", and in tibetan "drenpa". significantly, they all mean "to remember" it is what the catholics call "being in a state of recollection". and it is extremely difficult. if we can be aware for a few minutes
that's already a lot. if mindfulness is synonymous with "remembering" it follows that the enemy is forgetfulness. " and now comes the part of the story where i go to the Himalayas. where will you plant your grief-seeds?
Workers need ground to scrap and hoe, not the sky of unspecified desire. -rumi

No comments: