>

Saturday, January 5, 2008

snow day

well I SWORE I would never, ever, EVER go out in the snow....but I got stuck again today!
I had to see two clients at my office....and when I left the house this morning at 10:30 it was cold out..but it was dry. At 1:30 when I opened the door of my office....it was snowing...BIG TIME.
So I immediately felt this fear rise up inside of me...and I thought to myself as I slipped and slid in my pink UGG's to my car.."How am I ever going to make it home"????
My husband had left me a voice mail.....he told me he would walk to my office and put the chains on the car for me...My Knight in Shining Armor....truly. But I made it almost all the way home (somehow) (praying vigilantly the whole way home..out loud!!) and here comes my husband..walking up the road in the snow...and he put the chains on and were home now.
This storm is pretty bad..we have it easy where we are..but the Sierras are right above us..and they are in for a doozy.
I am happy to be warm and dry....
Shanti~~

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I've been thinking a lot about you, the weather, your upcoming trip to India, wishing you were closer so we could talk over a cup of something. But this will have to do. Wrapping you in warmth and affection and love. xoxo

Tracy said...

Thank You for those sweet words~ I know, I wish we were closer too...but you are in my thoughts always~ Keep warm and dry my friend~Love to you~xxoo