>

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Anu's Cooking Class!







































And so today was Anu’s Cooking Class!!

I had so much fun…


Every Thursday Anu holds a cooking class upstairs and for 300 rupees you can learn to cook some wonderful, traditional Indian dishes to make when you get back home…or if you are like me..and you are lucky to have a husband at home who already is the cook…just do as I do, bring all the notes and recipes home to him!! ;0) (I love you honey!!)
I met some great new friends and had a HUGE, Delicious feast all for a great cause…


You see, the money that Anu makes for teaching these classes goes to Operation Shanti…you have read about that charity MANY times in my blog of course. The money will go toward the street kids, their Moms and the Old people who would otherwise have no support out there on the street.



So when you come to Mysore to practice Yoga…Please do come to Anu’s cooking class..I guarantee you will LOVE it and you will meet new people too!! That's Anu's "right hand" Manjula pictured above cooking with Anu~very sweet young woman who works here as well!




Oh..and that’s Poochie, Anu’s dog….he just loves the Yoga students!!




Now I’m off to Jayashree’s Chanting class with my new friends I met in class!






5 comments:

CJ said...

I miss Anu soooooooo much!! I bet you had a great meal :)

cj x

Tracy said...

She is the best! I'll bet your mouth is watering just looking at the photos!!
xxoo Tracy

Unknown said...

how amazing! great photos, wonderful food, adorable doggie

A bird in the hand said...

I'll have some of the dahl and okra! yummm. xoxo

Ursula said...

You are so ACTIVE. :)