>

Friday, January 18, 2008

Sistashree~




Yesterday while walking to the Coconut Stand here in Gokulum I heard someone yell out my name and looked over to see my friend Liz waving at me...so I walked over and she was sitting with a woman who looked somewhat familiar to me..but I couldn't place her...even when Liz introduced the two of us to one another..her voice and her calm, serene demeanor somehow seemed so familiar to me....but I just couldn't seem to piece it all together. Then in the middle on the night I woke up and it hit me! The video I have at home...Ashtanga New York!! I had the great pleasure of spending most of my day with "Sistashree" or otherwise known as Regina~ She is staying here in India and she is having Tuesday and Thursday evening Chanting and Mantra Meditation at her home up in the Yoga studio on the rooftop. It is a very beautiful, sacred space and you are all invited to attend~ Her voice is so beautiful that it just takes you away to another place...The information is below as well as her address! I know I will be there...I hope you can join us! Please check back for her January Newsletter as well as a sample of her amazing music!
Actually...go to www.cdbaby.com and in the search box type in Sistashree and all of her CD's pop up and you can play different clips from them! Give them a listen..they are AWESOME!


OM Shanti~



Sistashree(Regina) is an artiste, singer, musician and one of Guruji's oldest students! You may remember her from the Astanga New York Video!!!!! She lives in India for most of the year as well as in New York and Brisbane. Her tradition of Chanting and Mantra Meditation has been a lifelong devotion to the divine.

The cool, subtle and at times raspy edge to her voice conjures up dreams of gospel music, blues and an incredible fusion of east meets west styles!

Come along and join in the essence of sound - silence through Mantra Meditation as the mind and the senses become one. Sound is the bridge between the soul and God! - Dhyan Yogi.

http://www.sistashree.com/ my website has all the information about my profile.

Sistashree will be chanting on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings at 6pm, at Alex's house: #14 2nd cross 3rd stage, Gokulam.

A series of local musicians, such as a master Tabla artiste V.R.R Bhargava, will be accompanying her also. Please attend and join in the beauty of Chanting and Mantra Meditation.

CD's are available at CDbaby.com and will be available on the evenings of Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Peace and Love

Sista

No comments: