>

Friday, October 26, 2007

since were on the subject of India....

I thought I would display what I found today when I was out "thrift shopping"!!
There is this Thrift Shop in town..it was voted "Best Thrift Shop in Nevada County"..and I DO agree with that!
I am pretty choosy when I go there..I don't really collect "things"..I walk out of there most of the time with a book maybe..or nothing at all...
but today..Today was different~
I had NO idea that the bag was worth so much more than the measly 3.00 I paid for it, I bought it because, well...I am a girl and I LOVE bags..but it reminded me of India with the jeweled Peacocks on the front and it was so well made and it was made in 1964..so I knew it was a good vintage piece. Then I did a Google search when I got home. WOW! I will treasure this bag forever~ I fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes on it!


Then I saw the Barbie in the Sari with her Bindi and ring and earrings on..and for 5.00 it was going to be for my granddaughter Kaili who is 9 months old..she still MAY get it one day. But now that I have her home I am in love with her!
I was never really a Barbie doll girl...but this one I saw when I was in India this year and I almost got her there...but didn't. Today I grabbed her!
Oh...I found a great copy of "A House for Mr. Biswas" by V.S. Naipal

did I mention that Indian novels are also one of my weaknesses??

OM Shanti!

OH...You MUST click on the photo of the bag to see the detail! Simply divine!

2 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

that's an awesome bag! and I can kick myself for not keeping my Barbie...the original one!

Tracy said...

Thanks Linda!
I know...I had a stuffed dog..Bucky..and I wish I still had him..all worn out ears and legs and all!!
xoxo