>

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raw!


Finally doing it!
My husband and I have wanted to for awhile now..and today I took the big step! We are taking a Raw Foods Class!! We have almost every item except for the one you see on the left..and that has been ordered now as well. Our most favorite place to eat in the city was "Cafe Gratitude" unless we were in Berkeley for the day..and then right before we moved from San Rafael...that built one two blocks from my house!! :0(
We do miss it...but I ordered their cookbook with lots of the recipes that they have on the menu...so now I can make them at home! One of my good friends from Marin was a Raw Food person..and that guy looked SO radiant, you almost had to put on sunglasses when he came into the room! Awesome! The foods we put into our bodies are so important. I have been off meat for 5 years now. Never once have I missed meat. In fact I never liked it to begin with...I was always the last one to leave the table growing up...I would put my chicken or steak into a napkin and run to the bathroom and flush it....or feed it to the dog if he was in the room during dinner.
So I am really excited about the change now...to all Raw!
Bon Apetite!

6 comments:

Ursula said...

Very interesting. I'm convinced that at least 1 meal of the day should be raw, if the goal is to eat healthy. I saw wonderful cookingbooks on raw food.

Very curious what you will write about.

Lack of time, you know, but I wanted to tell you that I like your office. It looks so nice.

Good evening. Here the day starts.

Best wishes. Ursula

Unknown said...

i used to be raw. good luck with it. it will be hard in india, but you can live on juices there. i worked for karyn's fresh corner years back & had the dehydrator, sprouters, made rejuvelac daily & grew my own wheatgrass. let me know if you have questions.

my fave is blood oranges tossed in hot sauce.

Unknown said...

i used to be raw. good luck with it. it will be hard in india, but you can live on juices there. i worked for karyn's fresh corner years back & had the dehydrator, sprouters, made rejuvelac daily & grew my own wheatgrass. let me know if you have questions.

my fave is blood oranges tossed in hot sauce.

Tracy said...

Thanks Lisa and Ursula!
I will let you know how it is going~so far...wonderful!
I appreciate the offer Lisa..I may have a question or two down the road!!
Ursula~thanks for the comment about my office~its very cozy!!
Namaste~
Tracy

A bird in the hand said...

I eat raw food daily, vegetables, salads and fruits. I often stop at a vegetarian cafe to take out a most delicious kale salad and their quinoa salad. I take my own container, too. The kale salad is composed of tender kale cut up, grated raw beets, a little grated carrot, fresh herbs, olive oil and lemon -- heaven in a bowl.

When I was a child people would say of me, if it's green she'll eat it!

XXXO

Tracy said...

Colette,
You are the picture of health in my eyes!!
xxoo