>

Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Complaint Free World...it is doable!


I had seen the book somewhere..but I didn't buy it. I did buy it yesterday though....

and you know....I began reading it last night, and found so many wonderful passages inside the pages. I thought to myself "How can this be possible"? To go each day of your life and not complain about one single thing....I read some to my husband and we decided to go for it! 21 days of No Complaining, Gossiping, or Talking about others in a negative way.

Today I have done it! I passed the whole day with out one wrong thing said! I realized that I rarely complain, or gossip..I do talk about people though...mainly I make comments about what I observe though. I am a "People Watcher" and I am utterly fascinated by people in general. I love people. I really love people. I love talking to people and finding out what they think about and what pulls at their heart strings..what they are passionate about...and what they do in life.

Everyone has a story!

I am so happy to be in this life, and enjoy each day to the fullest.

I don't think I am going to have a problem making it 21 days....

here are some of the passages from the book..or rather "quotes"


"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Don't complain" Maya Angelou


"We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think" Buddha


"Why are we masters of our fate,the captains of our souls? Because we have the power to control our thoughts" Alfred A. Montapert


3 comments:

Ursula said...

I have never read in your blog that you were talking badly about people. Cannot remember when you complained either.

Thank you for the book recommendation. It can give me some good ideas.

Not to complain, means for me to take responsibility for the own life.

Have a good night. Ursula

Unknown said...

beautiful post
thanks

Tracy said...

Ursula~I always try to be Positive...as I know that what we think has a great effect on how we feel and behave~The book is really very good too!
Bindifry~
my pleasure friend~
Shanti~
Tracy