>

Thursday, September 6, 2007

We Have ALL the Shoes we Need Now!! More Than Enough~

Thanks to Linda and Prana Yoga in Illinois..it looks like I am going to stop accepting shoes at this point!!! She is sending me about 50 Pairs of Shoes for the Children of Mysore, India!
Linda and I have never met...she read my Blog and took it upon herself to take up a collection at her Yoga Studio in Illinois where she teaches. She put a BIG BOX out at the Studio...and people started donating shoes for my charity.."Walking in Their Shoes" and today she informed me that there are at least 50 pairs of shoes in the box and she is preparing it to send to me..and I will send it on to Mysore, India along with the 32 pairs I have from other donations! In the beginning, I only needed 25 pairs..now we have at least 82 pairs PLUS! The Power of the Internet and the Compassion of those who give from their hearts....what an unbelievable combination it was for us! I NEVER imagined my charity would grow to this extent and I am deeply humbled.
I want to say, that everyone who gave to my charity...were strangers..I did not know anyone of the people who gave shoes. Meaning..I had never met anyone in person..One person, Colette, from Canada, I have known for 6 years..but we have never met in person~we met online and our friendship grew that way.
I want to say once more...that The Kindness of Strangers has made me a better person having experienced it first hand....Maybe one day I will write a book and that will be my title.
I love you all and Thank You from the very bottom of my heart~
Photos to come....stay tuned!

No comments: