>

Monday, September 3, 2007

More on "The Kindness of Strangers"...

This morning I awoke to this wonderful email below..

Hi, my name is Joe Mally from Cleveland, Ohio. I found your blog by accident and read about your campaign to collect shoes. I'd love to help and just wondered if you would accept money instead of the physical shoes. Let me know. Also, let me know where to mail it to. Do you have a paypal account? Thank you for putting this together.Peace and Light, Joe.

I continue to be amazed and just so completely touched by the compassion and gratitude that has come forth from Perfect Strangers during my campaign to collect shoes for our charity "Walking in Their Shoes". I could never in my wildest dreams have imagined that we would be so blessed with all of the donations of shoes and the money that I have received to buy shoes with from people that I have not ever met nor spoken to. Joe is another perfect example of the generosity and compassion that lives inside each and every one of us...and those who choose to bring it into the open and follow it through...
What a Gift to be able to have experienced this in my life..and what a gift for the Children of Mysore, India that people do actually care about them even though we are a million miles away...
and so Joe sent me 50.00 through Paypal this afternoon and I will buy 50.00 worth of shoes for the children in Joes name~

Hi Tracy, I sent the money through paypal. Isn't the Internet amazing? It just astounds me how we are able to meet different people who are doing great things. It all started by reading a local yoga blog that took me to another blog where I read about your shoe campaign and then it took me to your blog. Again, I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your efforts. Namaste , Joe.

Amazing and completely Beautiful..
Thank You Joe~
Namaste My Friend!

2 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

tracy, I will bring the studio box home this weekend....I looked inside last night and I swear there must be 50 PAIRS OF SHOES in the box. If not 50, then close to it!

let's just say I will need help bringing the box down from the studio into my car!

Tracy said...

Oh My Goodness....I am SO extremely overwhelmed by this message. Linda..I don't know what to say...except, you and Prana Yoga have given those children so much more than you realize.
Please tell me what the postage will be and I will send you the money.
I adore you... all of you~
Love,
Tracy