>

Saturday, September 27, 2008


Well...she got my message, and now I am waiting to hear from her on where I can send her the supplies. Laruga has generously offered to help me on this endeavor and I am EVER so Grateful to her. Were like two "little peas in a pod" and we have never met~ so amazing how this internet can connect kindred souls who are on the same path together for the good~makes you feel good to the depth of your being I tell ya!
from Brookes blog....

Also, I’ve received recently two messages that stood out. The first message was from a Californian woman named Tracy who travels to India each year to help street kids and their moms. Last year, she was able to bring 90 pairs of shoes to the street kids in Mysore, and this year she is bringing art supplies. She has offered to send some of the extra art supplies she has gathered in the states to help the children in Krupa’s slum and hopefully others in the Visakhapatnam community.


The second message was from an Indian:
“what you have decided to do is something great…to come to a foreign land and to help the poor over here is commendable…I hope my fellow country men learn a thing or two from this…Community service in India is very poor and no one bothers to think about the fate of those at the bottom of society...though India boasts of having 4 out of the top 10 billionaires in the world, not much money is given to charity in India.....I hope our millionaires and billionaires learn to give their wealth to charity by following bill gates and warren buffet.... and when you get back to America, tell your countrymen not to waste food or other valuable resources because most people in the world have no means to afford it.... and please stop polluting the environment. This is our planet, we are all one large community, let’s protect it and enjoy it. Eradicate poverty, Save our planet.”
So far, I've learned a lot from these and similar messages.


Thanks so much for sharing!

4 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

So beautiful. Especially the letter from India. Love you my soul-friend. xoxoxo

Tracy said...

the letter from india really hit me hard..it means a lot.
xoxo

Marie said...

Hi Tracy -
Oh, this is so beautiful!! Look how quickly and easily good feelings can spread from person to person.

Very inspiring!!

I bet you get more supplies than you know what to do with!

Namaste,
Marie

Tracy said...

hi marie,
that is my hope!
thank you for your support~
namaste~