>

Friday, September 5, 2008

on being clear


lately i have been really noticing things going on within my body. i mean, i have always been aware, but i have started to REALLY listen and as such i am experimenting....soon i will turn 47, and when i was at the docs office getting my scrips for the trip, she asked me how i am doing and i said that things are great, no aches or pains..everything seems normal. Everything.
then about 3 weeks later i started noticing little things. like on my right hand, my pointer finger has this little pain in the first joint...who knows...maybe arthritis setting in? who knows...but then when i was painting last weekend, every time i had to squat down to paint the trim...OMG, my knees hurt like he$$ every time i stood back up..i mean hurt like red hot pokers were going through them...
so, i decided it was time to experiment...less running, more yoga for starters. so instead of running 25 to 30 miles per week i have cut down to 15 miles per week with 3 to 4 days of yoga. so far, so good....then i noticed that my mid section seems a bit puffy..or fluffy?! hmmmm, me no like that either...
so it has been a week with no red wine at dinner..my puffy/fluffyness has shrunk down..(oh, except for the dreaded pre-menstral thang) but i do feel much better and lighter. so i am going to keep on keeping on with this little test of mine and see how and what changes..
my finger by the way still hurts like he$$! ;0)
namaste~~~~

5 comments:

Wayne said...

I hear you loud and clear. I'm turning 48 *gasp* next month and some "stuff* just doesn't recover the way it used to. Hope your finger is better soon!

Tracy said...

ain't that the truth wayne! and i can remember the days when i was SURE I would Never age! ;0) oh how youth blind-sides us!
happy early birthday to you by the way!

A bird in the hand said...

Your finger pain could be "traumatic arthritis" -- that is, you could have hurt your finger a long time ago and it will flare up once in a while. Try this: Put on rubber glove and place hand in very very hot water. It should soothe your finger.

We never think about aging when we're young. sigh..

xoxox

Tracy said...

hmmmm, that is interesting colette. I will try that too....
xxoo

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.