>

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update on "The Colors of Love" 2009 Mysore, India charity!!!!





yesterday i received an email from one of my readers/friends here in the Ashtanga World~~~actually she is a friend and reader and fellow blogger of many of us here~



an amazing soul who has stepped forward to help out with my charity for 2009 "The Colors of Love" benefiting the children of Karunya Mane in Mysore ,India. Many of the yogis who travel to Mysore to practice with Guruji have "caught on" and have been donating their time with Operation Shanti and the kids and moms at Karunya Mane..and it makes my eyes "glisten" with tears every time I get an update from Operation Shanti along with photos (click on link) of some of the kids doing art ! http://picasaweb.google.com/tracyk223/Art# and click on the photos to view them in full size! They are beautiful!!

Talk about tears...you should have seen me yesterday after getting Yogamums aka Kristis email! Thank You again Kristi, from the very bottom of my heart dear friend~



Hi Tracy,



The principal at my kids' school said that I could do a "drive" for the art supplies at school -- yay! This is the perfect type of project for our school -- we are an IB "World" school and try to teach with an international perspective, and emphasize service. I will be sending out info to the parents and kids soon -- it is a small school (120 kids) so I don't think we'll get an overwhelming amount of stuff. I did want to ask you something -- the art teacher and I were talking about it and thought it might be good to send some notes from our kids and photos to the kids in Mysore along with the supplies. What do you think? And do you think you could take photos and email them to me when you give the kids the supplies so our kids can see where their donations are going?When are you going to Mysore -- I guess I should know that so I can make sure you get everything in time!

Kristi aka yogamum

If you would like to donate art supplies, please just leave me a message and I will send you my mailing address! Anything will help and be appreciated!

Namaste~

1 comment:

Yogamum said...

You are so sweet and I am more than happy to contribute!