>

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The new man in my life!


I would like to introduce you all to "Hanuman"!

He is the newest addition to our family~ he was rescued yesterday and he is a Sulcata Tortoise.

He is the largest of the "African MainlandTortoise" and will grow to be up to 110 lbs....OMG! I am glad we have a BIG yard!! He is so irresistibly cute! He is so responsive and loves to sit in the palm of my hand and look into my eyes~~~he's like a little Buddha! Little for now that is!

He will grow to be about 50 pounds within 5 years. And he is..(so important to me)...a Vegetarian!


So, stay tuned and watch him grow!

I am SO relieved I have such a great pet sitter when I travel...that's 3 dogs and one tortoise..for now anyway!

Happy Sunday All!

4 comments:

V said...

He is super cute!!!

Reese Lamb said...

It is so important that yogis have vegetarian pets. You are so right:)

Carl said...

Be extra careful that he can't get out of the yard when you let him out to explore. They're a little tricky and can disappear when you have your back turned. Combined with the fact that they are great at hiding out, it is tough to locate them when they do go astray.

Tortoises are lots of fun when they're bigger and can go for walks with you.

Tracy said...

Thanks girls, yes he is a doll! Carl, yes, I heard about how they can dig their way out of your yard and a few that either wandered off or were taken.
My husband is building a wire area for him today so he can be outside in the sunshine and eat grass. One that has wire on top too as we have lots of curious Bluejays around here!! He is so funny how he looks at me when I call his name, they must be smart!!
Thanks for all your advice!
Namaste~