>

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

like a rose~


What a beautiful day~

Today was my Yin practice as I am balancing my Ashtanga practice which is 5 days with one day of intense stretching which is my Yin practice. It helps me personally...

I feel so dumb sometimes, I have to admit that I do not know a lot of the asana pose names by heart...so I am learning them now. Or at least trying to learn them and I know that they will all come to me by heart eventually. It's like the practice itself...it all takes time. It takes time for the body to open, like the unfolding of a rose, day by day.

It will come, as it all does with the practice.

I was tested today, in a HUGE way, and all I will say on the matter is this...

If you truly open your heart and mind to something and really show compassion everything will work out in the best way possible.

So now for the quote...

"Be very very still and allow every new experience to take place in your life without any resistance whatsoever.

You do not have to do anything, you simply have to be and let things happen."

Truly words to live by, at least they were for me today.


Namaste~

2 comments:

The Massey Family said...

Hi Tracy, I am going to Jaipur in a week to evaluate a Unicef maternal and child health program. I will only have about a week at the end of my stay to travel. I have been wanting to go to Mysore for years, but I am not sure if it will be worth it to go if I only have a week. I read that you must stay for a minimum of one month to study at AYRI. What do you think?

Tracy said...

Hi Meagan~
How funny, I have been reading your blog as well and loving your pictures! What a great experience to go and do what you are doing.
I wuld love to hear more about what you do if you want to email me...please feel free to!
You should definately not miss Mysore...but to go and practice at the shala you would have to have sent a letter in at least 2 months in advance for acceptance. But, that being said, you don't HAVE to stay for a full month, you do on the other hand have to pay for one month to study there. Did that make sense?! What I am trying to say is, people must pay for a full month and whether or not they practice the full month is up to them. E mail me and we can talk!
Alotusgirl@comcast.net
Namaste~
Tracy