>

Friday, May 25, 2007

Ganesha


One of my most favorite Hindu Deities is of course the beloved Ganesha.

In India he is everywhere. In my home he is also everywhere...

One of the reasons I admire and adore India is because the people there are not afraid to show their affection and thanks to the many Gods and Goddesses. Everywhere you go there are little places of worship with a Hindu God being worshiped and prayed to. It starts in the wee hours of the morning...you will hear bells and chants and prayers and to me it is like a warm blanket enveloping my whole entire being. I love that about India. India is pure and raw, in your face as Saskia puts it.

That is why she loves living there so much. People say what they feel and there are no hard feelings. Just like when you are in a rickshaw or taxi and another rickshaw or taxi cuts in front of the other driver...here they would scream obscenities and throw up a finger. In India, the drivers will give each other a look, a honk and then drive on. It's all forgotten.

Ganesha~The remover of Obstacles...."Om Gunuputayah Namaha"

No comments: