>

Friday, May 18, 2007

His Holiness the Dalai Lama




I was in Dharamsala last month and I was staying across the road from His Holiness the Dalai Lamas' home. I could see his back deck from my hotel room at the "Chonor House" a Tibtan owned and run hotel. Everyday my husband and I would walk around the property of the Temple and his home saying out moring and evening prayers "Om Mani Padme Hum" spinning the prayer wheels with all the the Tibetan refugees, old and young alike. It was such a special feeling to be able to be there and to do that each day for 10 days.


We weren't able to have an audience with him, although he was home. In a way I was a little dissapointed...but then I thought to myself, if I did have an audience with him what would I say?


I know what I would do...I would beam form ear to ear as I bowed down before him taking his hands in mine and then I would cry like a baby. I always do when I see him. He seems to have that effect on a lot of people. Pure Love.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So awesome!!!

xoxo