>

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

more supplies coming for the kids of Karunya Mane..Thank You Kristi!!!


here is Kristi's Update to me this morning...can you say EXCITED!!!!!!! That is me in one word!

Hi Tracy --
I just wanted to update you on the art supply drive --
we have pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, acrylic paint, and origami paper from the school and I am waiting on an order of crayons, glue sticks and construction paper.
As soon as that arrives, I will send it all to you.
The best part is that the art teacher had one of our classes make cards for the children at Karunya Mane, and they made some amazing artwork and sent some wonderful messages.

These 3rd and 4th grade children were so excited to be able to send their messages to the children and were very touched and moved by the stories about the Indian children. They got to see all of the photos and each picked one or two children to write to.
One little girl did about eight cards! I hope when you take the supplies you can get some photos of the kids reading their cards, and maybe the kids can send our students some artwork or notes as well.
Anyway, I will let you know when everything is ready to go!
Much love,
Kristi

No comments: