>

Monday, February 18, 2008

Love them..


Sometimes I read blogs and I just get so sad...

people pour their hearts out to others...especially when they are in a difficult time in their lives.

Its sad to me..

I sometimes feel like I wish I could help everyone feel better. I feel their pain, and its hard.

Its not something I keep with me all day everyday though..I am able to let it go.

But it still hurts none the less...

I especially can't stand it when I see the news and read about the cruelty towards animals..

I am speaking of the recent Beef Recall...

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video of the abuse those poor animals endured on their walk to the slaughter house...just reading it tore me to pieces.

I have not eaten meat in 6 years now.

I never will again either.

I am strong, vibrant and healthy without it...there is no reason to take the life of an animal and eat it as far as I am concerned.

I just wish everyone felt that way...

but I know that everyone feels differently about that issue...its just my opinion and my compassion for those who can't speak and are so innocent and helpless...

its just so tragic to me.

I wish we could all just love them and not eat them!

4 comments:

Yogamum said...

I so agree about the meat recall. The whole thing is just appalling and sad.

Tracy said...

its heartbreaking...those poor animals.
I actually have never like meat of any type...just brought up on it. But i remember I used to put it in my napkin at dinner and then throw it away. Or feed it to the dog after dinner.
Not a meat eater here.

A bird in the hand said...

I was never a big meat eater, probably because we rarely ate red meat when I was growing up. In the last 10 years or so, I haven't eaten red meat. Sometimes when I look at it, I feel sick... Humanity has outgrown the need to eat flesh. I wish they would just stop messing with the cattle and then having to recall and slaughter.

Tracy said...

I agree Colette!