>

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

soon....

soon it will be Christmas day...our neighborhood is all aglow with various lights and decorations. The spirit is definitely in the air around here....
As this year is coming to an end, I must say that looking back on it, I have much to be thankful for. My family, though we are spread out, and aren't able to see one another all that often know in our hearts that we are always together and there is so much love. My Mom is back in the hospital, hopefully she will not be on Christmas day..but she is still with us and still as strong and headstrong as always. Did I mention she is German??? I inherited a lot of her qualities, even though I am adopted!!

My children are well as are the grandchildren..and my husband is as always the bright light in my life and I love him so much ,sometimes it hurts...

Soon we will be making our way back to our most beloved country and we count the days....

I have been so blessed with all of the art supplies and now have a suitcase full of things for the children in Mysore...It is always such a wonderful thing just to see them smile when I arrive and now, with the help of so many..their smiles will be even bigger this year! That I can assure you, and we all know how much Art can change and enrich our lives....

I will be meeting up with a lot of wonderful souls whom I have met online and feel such a kinship with, and will finally see them Live and in Person! And of course so many that I already know and love so much...... Good times are in store in a few cities on the other side of the world next year...more memories for me to store away and to be grateful for.

So, I say goodbye to 2008 and hello to 2009. May it be a year of positive Change, new Hope for many and Peace for all.

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

6 comments:

Yogamum said...

I hope there's still some room in the suitcase -- I just mailed your package, finally!!!!

peaceloveyoga said...

Awww. Great post. I'm feeling the love rigt now. Can't wait to meet you next year! yay!

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to meet the closest thing to perfection...your husband, Ray. Hee, hee.

xoxoxoxox

Have a Great Holiday!

Ursula said...

I just showed my mother the pictures on your blog. She loved them. Also your "ironing man" is nice to show, it transports so much atmosphere.

Ursula said...

This would be really great if we could see in 2009. Perhaps we manage it to cross the huge sea in 2009. It's all possible.

I read that everything is best in your life. Hopefully your mother feels good.

As always, have a wonderful day.
Merry Christmas. Ursula

Tracy said...

kristi~~YES! I have room of course for your things!!!I can't WAIT to see those adorable cards in person!! xxoo
LG~~~oh boy...does Ray have a lot of expectations to meet!! Wait till I tell him!! ;0) xxoxoxo
U~ I would LOVE to meet you in 2009..you never know!! And, I am touched that you showed your Mother my blog~ I hope she enjoyed it! Oh, and my Mother goes home today! Perfect!
Love to you all...my dear friends!

Ursula said...

Oh, that's great that your mother could leave the hospital.

And my mother loved your pictures on the blog. They show how it is in India. To see the taxi driver i.e. shows very precisly how it is when one arrives. It's great.

Ursula