>

Thursday, December 11, 2008

the ironing man in india!

this dear man works in the little Ironing stall around the corner from the shala...

he does the most incredible job, and he makes it look so easy as well...one thing i really dislike is ironing, and i Really dislike wearing wrinkled clothes...whether i am in india, or my hometown. wrinkles are not a good thing for me...

i think he charged me 3 rupees per piece.. but i always gave him double the amount. just because i so appreciated his his hard work, and his smile! plus, no matter how many other orders he had waiting, he Always took my clothes and pressed them when i arrived so that i could just take them and go...Plus, he loves chocolate..and i would stop by the little chocolate stand round the corner before i went to see him :0)

Oh, if only he lived closer.......(if you want to hear the sounds of india, turn up the volume..oh, and my voice as well..why do i not sound like that in real life??!!)

4 comments:

peaceloveyoga said...

Nice! I never used his services in Mysore last year. I'll have to look him up once I get there.

Thanks!

:)

Tracy said...

he is so cute...a very dear man! i will show you where he is!

Ursula said...

I missed him, too.

So nice to hear your voice. :)

Tracy said...

such a nice guy U.
my voice sounds different on tape than in person..it's funny to hear it!
xo