>

Friday, March 7, 2008

The Running (and drinking) Elvis's







So I am running my race and really focusing on my core and moving forward through my core, and making sure to take my "GU" and to drink at every single water and Gatrorade stop....to mainly run down the center of the street as that is where the road is most even and thus avoid an injury (which I did!!!!)...and then suddenly from behind me I hear this music blaring..."Viva, Las Vegas, Viva, Las Vegas" and I turn to my left to see these two guys dressed up in full Elvis outfits, pushing a baby running stroller (one pretty similar to what I had and ran with when Oliver was a baby..minus the fringe!) and these guys have a music player in the stroller as well as an ice chest FULL of Beer! I didn't know until I was finished what the story was with the two running Elvis's...but it seems as though they run the Marathon every year, dressed as Elvis and they drink one beer each PER mile! Yes....They drink 26 Beers each and they actually finish the race...in fact..if truth be told...I must admit it here and now...They beat me!!!!! Wow..I had no idea drinking 26 beers could actually benefit you in a Marathon!



Don't worry though...I have no intention of trying it, it was funny to see though!
Cheers~

No comments: