>

Thursday, March 27, 2008

a place to rest our heads...

On my way out of India..my driver was stuck in the most horrendous traffic in Bangalore...
but I was content, sitting in the back of the car..knowing we had plenty of time to kill before my flight would bring me back home.
I wanted to savor every last moment, every last scent, and every single sight as I knew I would not be back soon...
So, I watched and I took it all in...all of it..everything that I love about India..the chaos, and the calm..depending on where you are at any single moment in time.
We were stopped at a traffic light, that seemed to linger red forever and ever....and I glanced out the left window and saw men gathered chatting, children playing, dogs jumping and barking...and this woman dressed in the most beautiful Purple Sari, sleeping on a cement wall..deep in her slumber amid the chaos and trash below her and luckily the light stayed red just long enough for me to snap this photo..a moment in time, that tells so much..and that I will forever remember.
May be Thankful for the place that we lie our heads at night...

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

No comments: