>

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Best 6 days in India

were spent with Peda.
She lit up our days and gave us more Joy in those 6 wonderful days than we could have ever hoped for.

I never thought for a moment we'd be leaving here without her.
But she just wasn't strong enough.
She has an infection and a fever and it took her so fast.

Yesterday I just wasn't feeling right. I was so sad. From the moment I woke up I was in a funk and could Not snap out of it.

I told Ray that I didn't want to leave Peda alone even for one second and we didn't.
We even got our food to go at Green Leaf so I could be with her.

She wasn't acting herself in the afternoon and wasn't walking right. I knew something was very wrong..
A vet looked her over and told me she needed to get an IV in her and get her on an antibiotic first thing in the morning.
I wanted to ask her to please do it last night..but she had plans and I didn't want to interfere.
I thought first thing in the morning would be OK.
I would keep her warm and hold her and love her and she would be fine.

Last night we were getting ready for bed and I told Peda that if she had to go I would be OK. That is it was too painful for her to stay here with me, I would be fine and I would see her again one day...

Moments later Ray took her out to go potty and she did, but when he came through the door she started to cry. She Never cried before. Never made a peep actually.
I Knew something was terribly wrong and ran to get her from his hands and took her in my arms and she cried again.
Ray said he thought she was dying...
and she was.

We both cried as we told her it was OK to go, and what a Good Girl she was and how much we Loved her.
She took 5 deep breaths and she was gone.
It was so peaceful..her face..she was so relaxed in my arms and hearing Ray and I tell her those things. Because they we all True. She was the Smartest little 6 week old baby we had ever seen.
She knew to go potty outside and she knew her name. She knew what "eat" meant and she Loved watching our every move.
Her mind was strong, but her little body was not.

I went downstairs in tears to tell Meena and her family what had happened and they were so dear and so loving.
Mahesh offered to take us to where his business is located and have a proper burial for her this morning at 7:00 am.
Ray went, I could not move from the bed...my eyes had swollen shut from the tears that I could not stop from flowing.

Peda stayed with us in her bed all wrapped up in her blankets until this morning when they took her to her resting place.

Mahesh bought flowers for Pedas grave on the way there.

towards her resting place..


digging her grave...


I sent my scarf to have her wrapped in..


Mahesh brought incense and lit it after she was buried..



They took such loving care to see that Peda had a beautiful burial for us..

She is in a beautiful, peaceful spot below the foot of a coconut tree...

 by a little water way..
and she can rest there in eternal peace. Away from any harm, no more pain, no suffering...and she is happy there. I know that...although my heart aches for her to be here with me. It wasn't meant to be.
But I will keep her safe in my heart and never forget those little dark button eyes that looked into mine with such pure love.

The Best 6 days I can never forget, with Peda.

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your post with tears in my eyes. You are a wonderful person and I love you deeply.

Tracy said...

I love you too Anu. I love how you love your Buggy and all the animals just as much as I do. xxx

A bird in the hand said...

My heart is full to overflowing. Little Peda is at rest, and you did a very beautiful thing. Her spirit will be with you always.
Much love to you. xoxo

Ashish said...

It's really sad Tracy but peda was so lucky to get u and Ray during her last few days of her life.u did the best of everything for saving her life but Tracy God has different and better life so everything will b fine. Sending u much love:)
Meenasilvernest

Tracy said...

Thank You for your words filled with love Colette. Love you so much~ xxx

Tracy said...

Dear Meena~You and Mahesh and your boys were a part of the reason she got that chance to live a little longer than she would have. Because of your kindness in allowing us to bring her here to live out her last days was more of a gift than we could have ever imagined. We will be forever grateful for that as well as her Beautiful burial you gave her. So Much Love xoxo