>

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Helping the kitten that wanted no help....

One morning Ray and I headed out our front gate to go to dinner.
As we passed by the OSHO Meditation center that was across the street from our place, I heard a kitten crying.

We looked and looked and finally saw it on a very narrow ledge on top of the roof area.
The instant I saw it there I told Ray that he Had to help get it down!

"The poor things been put there" I insisted. "There's NO way it can get down by itself" I pleaded.

So, my husband, being the Hero he is..
climbed up and proceeded to try "talking" to it.

They understand "No English" we realized..

you can see the little kitten on the outer part of the ledge. The inner part is cut out, so there was No way it could have even gotten there by itself.

After Ray was up there for a few mins. and the little guy was having nothing of it. I realized I may have made a Big mistake in having him go up there and try to get it down. He could and would have gotten scratched and so suddenly two curious Indian boys walked up and I told them to please help us.
At first they were quite hesitant, but I think they wanted to impress us..or Me.
So they happily jumped up and gave it their all~



Ray was anxious to help out (so he wouldn't get scratched)


and then, all of a sudden, the kitten got into position and all the guys had literal "Fear" in their eyes as the little thing was screaming up a storm (I was safely on the ground getting ready to run if need be)

But the screaming little guy jumped above Rays head onto the other ledge and off he went!

Oh well, at least we tried to help him out. The Indian guys were quite proud as well and I think a little relieved that they didn't have to grab him either and get torn up.
We thanked them profusely and off we went, everyone all smiles!

2 comments:

DsylexicHippo said...

So now we know how the kitten might have gotten there in the first place :)

Tracy said...

You know, that ledge was SO narrow and I envisioned "if" it jumped...how did it manage to land on such a narrow beam... And Why?? So I have my doubts honestly.