>

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dhatu of Mysore~and Rasa Dhatu

Here was the view from my seat at the Fabulous Rasa Dhatu Organic restaurant open now in Mysore.

We just happened to come upon the shop Dhatu one afternoon as we passed by and I was just so curious about it from looking up into the windows.
Now I'm sort of regretting finding that shop, as they have the most Fabulous items!!! Some are "one of a kind" and you will Not find them anywhere else. I Love shops like that.

Every item they carry is hand picked and thoughtfully chosen. The main reason I love it so much is because most everything they carry "benefits" the people who make the items. They have bags/wallets done by Green the Gap whom I have supported in the past and Love the concept behind the products they create.

Products from Isha Vidhya~
Isha Vidhya, a not for profit education initiative, works for the economic and social empowerment of rural children in the villages across southern state of Tamil Nadu, India. Through this effort, the foundation is committed to raising the level of education and literacy in rural India and to helping disadvantaged children realize their full potential.

The foundation through its Isha Vidhya schools offer a nurturing approach to education in villages. Isha Vidhya has been an active supporter of promoting education among female children in the villages and all our schools have seen an increased enrollment of girl children.
 
They carry Organic cotton clothing. linens, curtains and towels.
Beauty products that are 100% organic as well as food items ALL Organic!
 
They have just unveiled their newest baby..
Rasa Dhatu! An organic restaurant that once you step inside you are instantly calmer and more serene (at least I was).
 
The menu changes frequently and the food is mouth watering..and pleasing to the eyes and senses as well.
 
The owners and the staff are some of the Nicest, down to earth people that you will ever have the privilege of meeting. Honestly.

This is some of the interior...it's so comfy and inviting~

Papaya and Mint drink. Pure. No water, no sugar and it was UNREAL!

I'm going to be Perfectly honest right now in telling you that I realized AFTER I had eaten my food that I had forgotten to snap some pictures of it, so I will be going back again of course and do just that..
but here is the Carrot Cake and the Mango Pudding...



Sorry if I have tempted you or made you hungry..but If I did, you know where to go!!
 
Adipampa Road and 10th cross road, jailakshmipuram, mysore
 

4 comments:

DsylexicHippo said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for the nice review. I'll check it out next time I visit my parents in Mysore.

Tracy said...

Thanks for reading! I'm sure you will love it!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm... Do you work for them? You didn't mention anything about their OUTRAGEOUS prices and tiny portions. Your review sounds very biased.

Chris said...

Hello "anonymous", I know Tracy and she definitely doesn't work for them. She recommended Dhatu to me, and I have now eaten there several times, usually with friends (who also go back time & time again). We are never disappointed with the food, and the prices, though slightly above "normal" restaurants, are NOT at all outrageous. I also use the shop from time to time. Go back, relax & enjoy the atmosphere!