>

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's not a dream...

I can only imagine what she must be feeling.

On one hand I can see how she must miss the other dogs..
there were SO many around and all she heard was barking and yelping or the crying out.

But the Peacefulness for her now must feel like nothing she has ever known.
She has Never had this much in her 6 weeks of life.
Nor has she had so much Love!!! Or a comfortable bed, blanket and roof over her head...

Sometimes she just stares up at me and looks deep into my eyes almost as if she wants to tell me how much she loves me for taking her away and giving her all of this.

This morning I was lying in bed and I have her doggie bed right next to me so I can reach down in the night if she starts to cough and I can rub her tummy and tell her it's OK.
But this morning I was lying there and looking down at her while she slept and all of a sudden, she popped her head up and turned around to face me and looked right at me..I wondered if somehow she sensed how I was feeling about how Blessed I am to have gotten her.

Timing is Everything they say.
I Believe that to be True.
Especially now.

One of my lifelong dreams was to adopt a street dog in India and bring it to the US and give it the Best life it could ever imagine.

Well, there's another one to check off my bucket list!

Peda has healed me from the pain I felt of having to have left my darling Bindi behind. Of course I knew I would go back to get her, we could never live without her...
but it was a 7 long months of missing that wonderful feeling of having your loving little "person that wears a fur coat" by your side all the time.

Now I have Peda and now Bindi has a new little sister to look after when we get back.

It's funny how people keep saying how much Peda looks like a Chihuahua...
It's funny how life will bring you just the right little surprise just when you least expect it as well...
Can you see the vertical line on her forehead there (the white one) It looks like a Bindi! Yes, she is Truly an Indian dog!!




Ray wanted to be sure that while were here staying  here in Meenas home, since we have the top level with a balcony..that Peda would be very safe and secure. You see she is so small that she fits in your two cupped hands. We decided to put up some mesh screen to be sure she would be extra safe. She Loves lying on the bricks that are on the rooftop terrace as they hold in the warm heat. She is a Happy girl and she wags her tail a lot now! She almost knows her name, loves to be talked to, loves when it's time to eat and is Very happy to have a Mommy and a Daddy who love her to the Moon and Back!


“Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had.”

2 comments:

Naomi Hattaway @ naomihattaway.com said...

Little four-legged Indian babies are so easy to love! Ours comes from Singapore in JUST over a week. We can't wait!

Tracy said...

I will never forget when you adopted that sweet street dog Naomi. So happy your baby is going to be "home" soon!!