>

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Rose

"The body is the temple of God,
in every body, God is installed whether the owner recognizes it or not.
It is God that inspires you to good acts, that warns you against the bad.
Listen to that voice, and you will not come to any harm."
~Satya Sai Baba
and that is what I did last weekend....
I listened to that voice and it led me to my Mothers side in the ICU unit of Kaiser Hopspital in San Francisco. We never expect her to fall ill...my 84 year old Mother who is stronger than most 60 year olds. She still rides a bike and takes care of her 3 bedroom home, complete with a huge Rose garden in her front yard. You know those cute little homes with the white picket fence and right inside that little white gate is the most amazing Rose garden...with every variety of Roses under the sun. The one house on the block that people drive by and stop in front of, just to take it all in... My Mother and Grandmother both LOVE Roses. They are their most treasured flower and they know their stuff! As she lay there in her hospital bed in and out of sleep, disoriented and mumbling things...I got real close as I held her hand and rubbed her back and she told me many things, most of them were about her Roses...and the swimming pool in the back yard. My tears dropped softly upon her gown and I agreed with everything she whispered to me.
She is much better now, in fact she will be going home tomorrow. That is what she wants to do...
they want to perform open heart surgery on her.......my brother works in the Medical field and told the doctor to forget it. She may go soon, but then again she may surprise us all....all I know is that I watched her face and held her close and told her how much I loved her.

No comments: