>

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Grace (eventually) Thoughts on Faith


I just finished reading Anne Lamotts newest book..."Grace (eventually) Thoughts on Faith" and as always she did not disappoint! I love her books for many reasons, but one of the reasons that I love her books is because she lives where I lived for 14 years in Marin County...and she always writes about the beauty and Magic of Marin..the hiking trails that I used to frequent, the many small towns surrounding Marin County that I know so very well...different places I used to go...it just makes me feel so melancholy. The fact that she is so passionate about life and how much she adores her son Sam. The last movie I went to at "The Rafael Theater" in San Rafael...she was sitting in the row right in front of me. I said to my husband, that's Anne Lamott...(you can spot her because of her unique look and her blond dreads!) I wanted to tap her ever so lightly on the shoulder and tell her how much I have loved reading all of her books and how much I adore her writing style..its like sitting with a dear friend and catching up on old times. But, of course, living in Marin County I have seen many celebrities...and never once have I done that. (Robin Williams loves it though)...so I just sat back in my seat and sent her love "telepathically" and I just keep reading her amazing books!

Thanks Anne~

No comments: