>

Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Wonderful Invitation!

Our good friend from years back "Sista Shree" called me a few days back letting me know that she would be coming into Mysore for a day or two and would Ray and I like to go have lunch with her and a few other friends~

I was excited to see her again, since it has been about 4 years since we had seen one another. So the answer was of course YES!!

She told me that we would meet at 12:30 at Asha's home. I had No idea it was the home that I have been admiring for so many years on my trips here to Mysore.
Not only the home, but her garden area inside the gate of her home...

I also, had never had the pleasure of meeting Asha, and wondered why. But this was my time!

You can just about feel the absolute Joy that she emits from this photo alone!

Asha had cooked lunch for all of us~ and can I just tell you that I felt like royalty!!!

Her home is exquisite and so welcoming~
As is she and her son Nakul who was home on break from school in Chicago.
He assisted his Mother in serving us and making us all feel so at home.



 
The food was Phenomenal...

 and we had fresh Watermelon Juice!!
I can't ever remember having such a wonderful lunch in my entire life.
I felt like I was in a dream. Honestly, it was a memory my husband and I will not soon forget.

 Us with Asha, Sista Shree and her husband
Rohan!
Nakul and his Mother Asha~~~


 

 Just a portion of Asha's "Award Winning" Gardens!!

 Ray and I in Asha's yard.
She has one of those wonderful swings you find only in this country~ I Love them so much!!!
It's almost like a "Fairy Tale" home....



We also saw the Debut copy of Asha's new Cook Book!! It looks SOOO Wonderful and we cannot Wait to get our hands on a copy as soon as she has them all printed up!!
More to come on that...

Another day in Magical, Incredible India~~

3 comments:

Nandinivinod said...

Asha aunty is known for her hospitality. I hv know her n been a great fan of her cooking since the past 20 years. Her signature rotis, palanit, holge are a few of my fav things.i miss her as much as I miss her food. Period

Tracy said...

I can Cleary understand why! She is Precious!

Alyson Stover said...

I miss Asha, please say hello!