>

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another item to check off my bucket list~~ Indian Wedding!!!

It was one of my lifelong dreams.

And we were in India for only 2 weeks and it came true!!

This is us on the way in a Rickshaw...

Our friends Chris and Warren who have been living here for awhile now, and are well seasoned on..well, Everything pretty much, invited us to attend the wedding with them.



We did this back and forth and laughed the whole time!!
(well, we actually Laugh all the time when were together!)

We arrived at the wedding as the photographers were taking snaps of the extremely handsome groom..

and before we knew it the wedding was in full swing..
we were treated as royalty, and brought to the front of the line to give the beautiful couple their blessing of pouring three times some milk into a coconut and then sprinkling rice on top of the bride and grooms head.

The horns and drums announced the newly married couple...
and we were the first to eat..on banana leaves, with our right hand which I am not used to. I know, I should be since I have been here so many times before..but I am so out of my comfort zone and plus being such an OCD neat freak. Well, you get it I'm sure!
Then came the part that I still can't believe.
They called us up onto the stage (and I won't lie, I LOVE the stage) but this time was a different story, as they insisted we all sit on the special "Love Seat" that was especially for the newly wedded couple.
We met the most beautiful people and they were so warm and inviting and they honestly made us feel like we were the guests of honor..




 
Truly a day I will Never, Ever forget.

No comments: