>

Monday, May 13, 2013

Ramakrishna Ashram

I had seen many photos of this very spiritual and special place when my dear friend Jean was living here in Mysore.
I Knew I had to go there one day, and finally yesterday I did.
It was Everything I had thought it would be and more...



 we went into the bookstore and I must have purchased at least 10 books and 3 posters and the total came to 10.00 US dollars. I was very happy to support this wonderful Ashram.
 Ray and I were able to enter and do a nice Meditation with the Indian women and men. I sat on the side with the women and Ray on the men's side. Such Peace...



 We were invited into the main office where one of the Sadhus sat and talked with us for almost an hour and told us all about the Ashram and all the children that they help and educate. We were especially happy when he told us about the belief that they have in embracing ALL faiths. As that is how Ray and I feel. You can take a little something from all, and no One Faith is better than any other in their eyes.
I wish everyone would embrace that thought.




I cannot wait to return! It's within walking distance to where we are staying~

No comments: