>

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Chocolate Man and The Sewing Ladies of Mysore

Finally got an internet connection..for today anyway!!
Hard to come by here lately for some reason. But hopefully we will get that fixed soon.

The days go by so quickly here in Mysore.
We get up so early and retire early as well. The heat drains us, but I finally bought a "Sun Umbrella" and can I just say it was like a revelation buying that~

Then of course today we have rain!! So..I can use the Sun Umbrella for the rain too!

We were craving some chocolate and I was trying to remember what street the Chocolate man was on and we were on the hunt to find his stall.
We passed a very polite young man who showed us the way, actually walking us there personally..

after we bought the chocolate bars we offered him some, but he declined, instead telling us how much he Loved these certain type of cards and so we gave him 20 rupees so he could get some!

I had a few things that needed to be mended and I tried to locate Lokesh at Krishna Tailors as that is who I have always used in the past. But he was never open and never picked up his cell to answer. Probably waiting until high season here when the Yogis all arrive.
But, I got Very Lucky as I found some wonderful women at a stall on the was to where we buy our daily morning Mangos/Papayas/Pineapple and Bananas!!
They fixed Both of my items and had them ready a day EARLY which is VERY rare!!
The cost for both items to be mended was 50 rupees (one US dollar)



After we cut our fruit in the morning I insist on saving all of the rinds which still have some fruit on them and I take them out to the horses that wander the streets and the cows..whoever is there, gets Lucky!
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your posts! They just take me away :)

Karen said...

Lokesh has moved to a new shop, right across the street from Amruth. Is that where you've been looking for him? xo

Tracy said...

Yes Karen. He must be away....

Tracy said...

I love that! xxx