>

Monday, October 5, 2009

Behind "Practice for the children Pendant"....




For those of you who are just finding my blog...

These necklaces are the "Practice for the Children Pendants" with 50% of the proceeds going to the children of Operation Shanti in Mysore, India.

http://operationshanti.blogspot.com/ to read more about them!

It is a charity that I have supported now for the past 3 years. They truly do so much for the street kids and their Moms..they transform their lives. They give them a New Life....

I have been to Karunya Mane (the name of the place they live) in Mysore and I have spent time with them..and because of that great experience I will never be the same person I was before that time.
I have had so much support in the past with the 95 pairs of shoes from all over the world that were sent to me to take to India for the children when we did "Walking in their Shoes" and earlier this year when I took 70 pounds of Art Supplies to them when we did "The Colors of Love"..also graciously donated by readers and friends from all over the globe...how blessed we are.


Those kids just touched my heart in a way I can't ever explain and now it is my life's mission to do one great thing every year for them...
and I have TWO great things I am working on now for the 2010 Charity for the kids. One of which is still in the works...
It is a Huge playground structure...
but as I said, that will take some doing and it is being worked on as I write this!

The second is the "Practice for the Children Pendants" also honoring the late beloved Shri K. Pattabhi Jois. I wanted to do something that would include Guruji and the Ashtanga students all over the world. Something that they would have to wear around their necks, to hold and have as a daily reminder that "Practice and All is coming"...
thus this pendant was born.

I am so deeply grateful that I have had such a wonderful response to these amazingly beautiful pendants. I have an idea that Guruji has given me his blessing on them as well..because I began this on my birthday which was September 22nd and we have now sold 42 "Practice for the Children Pendants" and raised $660.00 for the children to date!!!! How Amazing is that?!!!!
Everyday I have been blessed to get an order or orders from somewhere in the world and today an email from one the greatest Ashtanga teachers in the world who we ALL know, love, admire and deeply respect. Who wanted to place an order for some of the pendants~

That made my day!!

This has been a great blessing thus far and it will keep on being a blessing because it is something that we all share together as One....and it is for such a good cause!

If you would like to place an order for one..they are handmade one at a time by a wonderful friend of mine who works on these daily for us and then sends them to me and I then package them beautifully in silk organza burgundy bags and teal colored crinkle paper with a very special Thank You card that I had made...

I can send them anywhere in the world for 4.00 shipping.
They are special gifts as well~~~~

If you would like to order one there is a link on the right hand side of my blog that says "Pendant" and that will take you directly to Paypal~
I Thank You ALL once again for your loving support in the endeavor and would love to hear from you!

OM Shanti!

2 comments:

jenneday said...

Thank you, not only for the beautiful pendants, but for your beautiful inspiration and example. I am so grateful I stumbled across your blog,and I plan to drop by often. It is so fun finding kindred spirits.

Tracy said...

Thank You my friend~~~so nice to meet you! Thank You for your support in purchasing two pendants as well~~ xo