>

Monday, February 16, 2009

Honeymoon In Varkala~










we arrived on a late train to Varkala, and immediately noticed the beautiful drop in temperature...like say 10 or more degrees!! YES!
Bala was waiting there at the train station for us with a tuk-tuk and thank goodness Bala and the driver took the luggage across the tracks for us and let Ray and I walked up and over to the other side...because I would have freaked if I had been there when they loaded everything in. I still have no idea how they we were able to get 2 huge suitcases. 2 stuffed backpacks, 2 yoga mats AND 4 people into that thing....but we did and we were off to Asthamay Bungalows..otherwise known as "Balas House"!

We finally got to sleep at probably close to midnight..but I couldn't even think about sleep because I was in Heaven~
We are so close to the Arabian Sea, that I can take 30 steps forward and there it is! The crashing of the waves is like thunder in my ears, but there is no rain...and the ocean breeze brushing my face is like a breath of fresh air. Very fresh air..the sky is clear and I just watched the fishermen pulling in the net on the sand below me. What a difference a day makes!

The only sad part of the whole story is this...
we called Bala a month ago to make a reservation to stay and now we must find a place for the other 2 nights we are here as he has had some friends come from out of town and they have first dibbs... :0(
but, my motto is and always has been.."Things happen for a reason" so Ray is off scouting for another seaside room and I will await his return and see what comes next here in the most Amazingly Beautiful Varkala!



About 2 hours later....





Things indeed DO happen for a reason...





as it turns out, Bala has a new "squeeze" and she is pretty much "running the show" there now. The energy was way weird this morning there..so Ray took off down the path along the beach and found us a STUNNING place to stay. Overlooking the water from our balcony..very luxurious by Indian standards, but we could use another Honeymoon!! So we are staying for an additional week and living it up!!!!!





You only live once..Right?

:0)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

How sweet - it looks gorgeous!!!

Tracy said...

yes! and everyday we are more and more relaxed~ xo