>

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Days in Fort Cochin....

have been warm and sort of muggy/humidish...good for cleaning out the system that's for sure!!! We have gone through one of those 5 gallon bottles of water in 2 days! Between just the two of us!
We plan on doing it again today and tomorrow before we leave for Varkala Beach. It's really quite easy though as you sweat so much, you just naturally want water all day long..and Chai of course! Always Chai....and now that we have learned how to make it the right way...I can have it at home!

Yesterday was Valentines Day. We weren't sure if they celebrated it here or not, but at breakfast we were talking with Biju, our friend who works there, and he mentioned that he was going to go shopping after he got off work for his wife for her Valentines Day gift. So Ray asked if he could go with him and get my gift as well..and they met at 7:30pm to go on a shopping spree!!







See what I got!!!

Since I have arrived I have been hooked on Bindis..I have gotten so many Bindis this year and have been wearing them most all the time. So Ray bought me a very beautiful one for a special occasion...it is the one second from the top in the photo...


Biju had fun taking pictures of Ray shopping and then Ray took some of his gift for his wife. He is newly married and they have a beautiful 2 month old baby girl named Eva. We have known Biju for 5 years, and I swear, the guy just gets younger every time we see him!! (he is 32 now..can you believe it???)


Here are some pictures of the guys at the Kashi Art Cafe..the manager Prasaad next to Ray and then Biju and the Chai guy!!

The art that is on exhibit is by a woman who lives in India named Gayatri Gumez. A very talented painter who does HUGE canvas paintings and sells them for thousands and thousands of dollars...just to give you a taste of the prices...the Polar Bear is going for over 9000.00 US dollars! They are beautiful paintings, but out of my price range...
It's been so awesome being here and seeing old friends...walking down the street and then spotting someone we have not seen in 3 years and of course Padmini at Idiom books and Aneel and his wife and son Krishna who is now 4 years old... he is always sleeping when I gethis photo!!

We are leaving tomorrow on the train for Varkala Beach where we will see and stay with our old friend Bala just steps from the Arabian Sea...it's going to be hard not slathering myself in coconut oil and basking all day in the sand next to the ocean, but I made a promise to myself..so I will keep it and avoid the sun tanning this year~ but I will still slather on the coconut oil that I bought here and moisturize!!!

Until then...
Namaste~

No comments: