>

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art Day with the children of Karunya Mane...










I am sure that the children are going to be putting the 70 pounds of Art Supplies that were so graciously donated by my friends and readers of this blog to good use! We were not able to give them directly to the children as that is not allowed...but I know that they are going to have the time of their lives with it all when they have art days!!
We were however allowed to give them the painting that my dear friend painted for them and their eyes "lit" up with Joy and Happiness when they saw it!! Also..we were able to hand out the cards that the children in Colorado at a private school made for them..thanks to Kristi my fellow blogger! They each held up their hand as I read off their names and they were SO excited! I SO wish I could have taken some photos of that!!!! They are making cards for each of the children who made them cards and they will be sent directly to them in Colorado.
It was a joy full day for the children of Karunya Mane..but it could not equal the joy felt in the hearts of my husband and I...

























6 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

I really admire your dedication...this is amazing and beautiful!

Tracy said...

thanks lauren...but i have to be honest when i say that it never feels like enough. there is so much more i wish i could do for them~

Wayne said...

Simply beautiful - thank you for sharing this!

Tracy said...

wayne~ thank you and your girls for helping me with it as well! xo

Yogamum said...

How wonderful! I am so excited to share this with our kids!!

A bird in the hand said...

This is one of my favorite posts! What a delight to see the children absorbed in creating their artwork. xxooxxooxxoo