>

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The waiting is Over!!!!!

(i will warn you now...make sure you have plenty of tissues..if you are anything like me..you WILL need them!!)

One Sunday in June...
a Very generous and kind man, Paul from the US, and his family..Sharath,Saraswati and Shemi form the Ashtanga Yoga Shala in Mysore, sponsored a shopping spree for the kids of Operation Shanti!!


Paul wanted to take the kids shopping to buy whatever clothes or toys they wanted!!


Sharath suggested the Big Bazaar, a "mega store" in the heart of the city of Mysore....and even though the kids have come a long, long way, in terms of Good Study Habits, Cleanliness, and overall Excellent Behavior...you need to understand, that just a couple of years ago..these kids were the kids who stood outside these stores... Begging, and selling their trinkets.


They could NEVER have imagined even stepping into a store like this....let alone going inside and choosing whatever they most desired!


But this particular Sunday was different...all 43 kids of Karunya Mane went shopping!!!!! Words could not even begin to describe their day...so I shall let the photos speak for themselves...
Prema in the van window as they drive away... and as they arrived at Big Bazaar

getting organized into groups...
(please see the next post as the photos are not co-operating with me while I load them up...)











4 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

This IS pretty fantastic news. It brough a lump to my throat. Love love love.

Tracy said...

mine as well..but it always does where these children are concerned.
I hope you know how much your caring means to me..you just seem to "get it" while so many others do not...
I appreciate having you in my life my friend~
Love more!! xxoo

Arturo said...

hi Tracy
that is an amazing story. thanks for sharing it.
hugs
Arturo

Tiffany said...

Okay, wow, way late response on this..but this is an amazing story. How wonderful!! Thank you for sharing this story and your heart!!