>

Thursday, August 14, 2008

"The Colors of Love" my new charity for the kids of Karunya Mane, Mysore, India!


I rolled out my yoga mat this morning and began my practice as I do 3 days or more per week when I am not running...
and as I moved through my practice to the "Chants of Shiva" breathing, sweating, stretching...
I began to think about my upcoming trip to India in 2009..this will be my 5Th trip in 6 years, and last year as my readers know, many of whom sent shoes...I collected 90 pairs of shoes for the street kids of Mysore and worked with Operation Shanti in distributing them..it was a time that will remain within my heart forever. I loved being with those beautiful children and seeing their faces light up when they opened up their shoe bags and tried them on! When they came to me and thanked me, and took my hands in theirs and looked into my eyes..they went right through me. That was LOVE!
So as I was saying...Yoga this morning brought back those memories, and knowing I will be stopping off in Mysore again this year to see my dear friends and the children again..I wondered what it was I could do this year, what I could bring them, what they could use...and have fun with...
and it came to me..
Art Supplies! Those won't be nearly as heavy to bring, and they will be something that will bring them Joy and Fun! I checked on the Operation Shanti website after my practice and YES! They do need art supplies!! So..this new charity is named "The Colors of Love" and I am asking my readers if they can, to send me the following...if you are able~ anything would help!
This is what they need;
Colored Chalk, Glue, Tape, Colored Pencils, Crayons, Coloring Books, Origami Paper and small manual pencil sharpeners.
I will bring enough to fit into one suitcase and that should be enough to make them happy and have some great fun!! I thank you in advance and so, while you are out buying school supplies for your kids this year, perhaps you could just throw in a little something extra for the kids at Karunya Mane!!
Please leave me a comment if you would like to send me some Art supplies and I will email you my address~
I will NEVER forget how much it meant to those children to receive all of those beautiful shoes that you sent to me last year~ so this year, lets do it again!!! Thank You SO much!
of course I will keep you all updated with photos as the supplies come in!!!
OM Shanti~

5 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

how sweet, tracy! good luck to you!

since all things change, nothing stays the same, my life is also changing in a huge way....I can not say for sure right now where my Path will lead, but one of my Indian friends has offered to help me with finding a place to live in my beloved Tamil Nadu...somewhere...maybe in the next 2 years I will live in India....who knows? right now I am taking each day as it comes....

shanti.

Tracy said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that is a Dream come True! I will be there as well one day....not 2 years, more like between 7 and 10.
But one day at a time is how we do it too~
Shanti friend~

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yogamum said...

I want to send some stuff! I will see if the art teacher at school has anything he'd like to contribute as well.

Tracy said...

Thank You SO much Yogamum!!
You made me smile from ear to ear~
if you need my address just email me and I will send it to you...I felt I should remove my home address from my blog.
alotusgirl at comcast dot net
XXXOOO thank you again! :0)