>

Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Love

for India is beyond being able to explain to the world.
It's going to be Extremely hard for me when the time comes to leave.

It hit's me each morning when I wake up..
at 6:30 am, unless it's a practice day in which I rise at 5:30 am
and it begins with the sounds of Life outside our bedroom window.
Sounds you will Never hear in the states...
like..

women washing the front entrance to their gates and the people strolling by doing their morning walks...talking like it's the middle of the afternoon...

the fruit and veg sellers with their carts and the flower sellers with Big baskets filled with different mala garlands for the residents morning pooja offerings...

then the milkman comes round calling out and the newspaper boys on their bicycles tossing the papers into gates or onto terraces..

the smell when you walk out the from door and open the adjoining window is a smell that I will miss with all of my heart. It is fragrant and full and just so India.
I love it so much.

The air is just the perfect temperature and the marble floors feel so smooth as I walk out and onto the marble that is on the terrace as well...

I begin my days checking to see if there are any important emails from home...
and then make our bed which is just a sheet and blanket as the nights aren't cold here (yet).
Then I go out and my Mala Garland is awaiting me on my front gate...
freshly made and the smell of the jasmine would blow your mind...
I have one delivered each morning and I will truly miss that more than you know..

as I make my way to my pooja room and opened the doors, the smell from the incense the night before is lingering in the room and I begin my morning ritual and light the oil lamp and incense and place my fresh garland in front of my Ganesh/Lakshmi and Saraswathi photo, thus beginning a fresh new day here in the land where Spirituality is always at the forefront with the temples and Gods that line the roads.
Another reason I love this land so much..


India makes me feel Alive!!!
and my husband is the one who brought that to my attention just the other day.
and you know what?
He's Right! It does!
I find that when I am in the states it's beautiful and I love it too...
but India just BURSTS with LIFE!!!

The colors, the sounds, the smells, the People! It is like Nowhere else in this world for me.
It's a place that I love and will always love...





and it's a place that I will return to again and again...

because it feels so much like home that I cannot imagine being away from it for long and in all honesty wish I never had to leave...

 

No comments: