>

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Most Magical Evening in Mysore...

I have had practically zero motivation to blog lately.
There are wonderful things all around me, and as goes the story there are equally not so wonderful things all around me.
I won't go into the not so wonderful things, but I will say that my rose colored glasses have changed to clear.
I have seen some things for what they truly are and I am Grateful that I have because that in fact has made me realize who I help and what I get involved in in the future will indeed involve a Great deal of thought.
I actually have decided to NOT get involved in anything more for the duration of my time here in India. Just to enjoy my time here with my friends and my husband and our dog...

Oh how some people will show their true colors...Amazing. Disappointing, but a great reality check indeed!

So, onto more Positive things now, yes?

The other night Ray wanted to walk over to The Green Hotel to pick up a freshly baked loaf of multi grain bread that the French trained baker Kenneth had baked for him (you place your order early in the day and it's ready by the evening..and costs 30 rupees. Less than one dollar.)

On our way back to our home we decided to go a different route and we walked past Amma's home. Amma lives close to the Green Hotel and she used to rent her Penthouse Apartment to a couple of our dear friends J and H. We had Always wanted to meet her and tonight was the Night!!

As we passed by, she was sitting out on her swing. Swinging away and chatting on the telephone. It was so Cute! Dressed in her sari and sweater...



We approached the gate and her security guard immediately wanted to know who we were and what we wanted. So I called out to her and told her who we were and that we were friends of J and H and her face Lit Up with a Big Smile!

She told us to come, come inside!


she turned on all of her lights, the lights in her display cases and her fan.
It was like being in a Museum! All of her Indian Gods and Goddesses displayed perfectly in wonderfully enclosed glass shelves (as they are here due to the dust).
I couldn't stop looking around, and she Loved the fact that I loved it all so much!

 this is her first doll that she had as a child and the chair it is sitting in was made by her grandfather...the photo is of her as a baby.
 this is a photo of her receiving her degree..

and her sister painted this beautiful picture that is just Beautiful in person! She had other paintings that were HUGE and so, So old. She told us they were her grandparents and that they were painted by a very famous artist and the worth of them..and I almost fell off the couch I was sitting on.


At one point in our visit, Amma said "I will get you some juice, Real Nice Juice, not from can. Because in India we believe that when a guest comes into our home, it is like God coming into our home" (and that is true.That is what all Indian people believe and that is why when you are a guest, you are treated like royalty)

She was preparing our drinks and popped her head out to say "Would you like to come say Hello to my God"?
I Knew what she meant and jumped up like a rocket!!
She wanted us to come see her Puja room...
and What a Puja Room it Was!!!


 all of those windows in the front entrance are Filled with pure silver Gods and Goddesses...
 as are all of those pictures and OM on the wall there...

and these are Very old pure silver pictures...they are literally breathtaking to behold in person.

Amma shared her life story with us and took us into her guest room and it felt like coming home. It was soooo comfortable looking and she was proud to show us her guest bathroom inside the room as well...it had a full size bathtub!!!!!
Something you rarely see in India!
She showed us her family tree and all her photos of her parents, brother and sisters...

at one point during our visit, the front door bell rang and it was her security guard. He said to her "Amma, you have two strangers in your home, are they allowed"?
She laughed and told him that yes, in fact they were just fine!

During our visit, Amma shared many things with us. She ran us through a typical day of hers.

She told us "My cook arrives at 6 am and asks me what I would like to eat for the day, I tell her and she begins cooking all of my meals. She then puts them in the hot box and I can take them out whenever I am hungry and they are ready to eat. Around 8 am my maid arrives and cleans my entire house. At about 10 am I go in and have my breakfast and then I bathe before I go into my prayer room to greet my God. I do my prayers for about 2 hours and then I begin my day with meetings, bridge, Yoga or a day out with friends" "My days go by very quickly as I keep busy. I believe that you Need to keep your mind busy and fit as you do your body in order to have a healthy long life" she then said "Everyday is a Bonus Day that we are alive and I am SO grateful for each day. I just want my life to be Peaceful and Happy and I only see the Good in others"

It was so refreshing to be around her and to share the evening with her.
All unplanned...
but yet perfectly orchestrated.

me, sitting on one of her 4 couches...

When the time came for us to say farewell, I asked her if she would swing with me and she Loved the idea! She told me that she Loves to swing and in fact spends a lot of time out on her swing in the evenings. As it overlooks a park that is just being completed. She said it is a "high tech park" and as I looked over I could see the most beautiful green lights lighting up the whole park! It was pure magic! Then she told me, "put your legs up, I shall swing us" and that she did! I had to hold on and she had the best balance. No hands for her!

She is a very content soul.
Her husband passed away last May and she seems to be at peace and she is living her beautiful life in beautiful India...
My dream.....


 

2 comments:

APPI said...

I'm sorry for the clearness of your glass. :) Don't worry. Not everyone is like that but it's great you're going to be doing a lot more thinking before getting too involved. Life is too short to engage in heartbreaking endeavors.

Tracy said...

Yes, time to "weed" out the Energy Vampires as well!! Life is MUCH too short to waste these precious moments on those ridiculous things.