>

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

6 months



“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
―    A.A. Milne



Life just never, Ever ceases to amaze me.

One day you are making plans for an Amazing adventure that you had dreamed about for years, and the next day you want nothing more than to cancel those plans and erase those dreams.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"

Yes.
I have been wishing for this trip/life in India for 8 years.
I could see it in my minds eye...I could feel it all. I was SOOO excited when I knew it was happening.
But then the email came..
the email that changed Everything.

Hello Tracy,
Kindly find attached the new Circular from Government of India. As per the new circular, I am sorry to inform you that we can’t clear the pet at Indian customs currently. we have applied a request to the Indian Customs in this regard.
We request you not to bring in your pet at this stage. We shall keep you updated soon.
Thanks & Regards
Aboobacker | Manager - Operations (Imports & Pet Relocations)
 
 
I thought I was going to pass out.
I could not even Breathe
 
But it was the cold hard fact. This new rule that India implemented out of nowhere, for no reason.
 
You must have lived in India consecutively for TWO YEARS in order to bring a pet into the country of India.
 
 
I had to accept the fact that Bindi was NOT coming with us after all and that is when Everything about India changed for me. I didn't want to go. I only wanted my precious Bindi with us, Here.
I went into panic mode.
Then I went to Facebook and posted my plea for help.
We were leaving in a week, and Bindi couldn't come with and I needed HELP.
 
Two of my Dearest friends stepped up and offered to take her.
I consider those two women Angels in Disguise as I do believe that Angels walk the earth unbeknownst to us.
 
Katherine "Kat", whom I have already told you about in an earlier blog post. My soul friend whom I met maybe a month ago on Instagram. Well, we thought we met because we were supposed to work together on the Malas for Operation Shanti. Yes, we were. But there was a MUCH BIGGER reason behind our meeting as we were soon to discover.

 
Kat and her adorable husband Jeffrey decided that they were going to take care of Bindi for us.
Kat flew up to the Bay area and picked Bindi up and took her home on the airplane to her home in Southern California where Bindi is currently residing until we return in late November to scoop her up and bring her home.
Bindi has been the "only child" now for years and Kat and her husband have a wonderful dog family of 5 along with 2 cats and Bindi has learned to (is learning) to adjust and be a good girl with her new family while were away.
 
I can't even begin to express the amount of Gratitude and Love that I have for Kat and Jeffrey...they  ARE not of this earth. They are extremely special souls that came into my life Just when I needed them and they both know that I would do ANYTHING for them.
ANYTHING.

 
They are loving Bindi just like we do and did and they will continue to love her until I come back..and then I Know they will love her after she is gone.
You just don't meet people like this everyday.
You. Just. Don't.
 
But Thank God I did and Bindi is with them.
I will go to India with Bindi in my Heart and then I will come back and hold her so tight she will feel like I never left her side.
 
 

2 comments:

Isabel said...

I'm so happy everything worked out and that Bindi is in good hands!

Tracy said...

Thanks so much Isabel. Thank You for ALL of your loving support as well~ You are one of those rare gems I am blessed to have in my life!