>

Thursday, September 17, 2009

This one's for LG!


(photo taken early this year in Mysore, India when I met LG!)

OK....a LONG overdue post for my great friend LG!
She was curious about what my "secret" is....

well...I have a few secrets ;~) but she specifically wanted to know "What are you doing, you look great" I Thank You a Million times over for the compliment first and foremost as I turn the BIG 48 next week!!

I feel it has to be credited to a number of things that I do in my life..
first is that I try to be Positive every chance I get..even in the midst of negativity in some situations..that is Life~

I drink LOTS of fresh filtered water every day...All Day!

I exercise 6 days per week..sometimes 7 and I always make sure I SWEAT...A LOT! So much that my clothes weigh about 4 or more pounds when I take them off...yes, that much sweat!

I have recently begun to make fresh Green Drinks every afternoon~~
and here is the drink that I love and make every single day..and I drink the whole thing!!! (after my workout)

Tracys Green Drink~
4 carrots
5 handfuls of fresh organic spinach (big handfuls)
4 stalks of celery
a BIG chunk of fresh ginger
a full size cucumber
a full Gala apple
a full lemon
one cup of 100% pure coconut water

I run all of the above through my juicer..
takes minutes
and the clean up is so easy...

I have fresh veggies every night for dinner during the week
I saute them very gently along with some leeks, zuchini, crookneck squash, grated carrots along with a package of Organic Vegan Buckwheat SOBA noodles and firm organic Tofu...
then adding some fresh roma tomatoes after they have been gently sauteed.....
WOW! Sooooo good and filling!

Some nights I will have a glass of red wine that I adore or other nights I will have a Kombucha drink instead~

I always get at least 9 hours of sleep per night and I HIGHLY endorse Eye Cream...!!!
Been using that good stuff since I was 16 years old and to this day I have no wrinkles around or near my eyes....and I go one step further...
I put eye cream between my eyes (you know those lines women get Botox injections for) above my upper lip area.....and in the crease of my chin!

It works for me...
and now you know my secret!!!
Oh..one more thing..

I make it a point to Laugh Everyday and Sing!!!
Life is Good....

12 comments:

Gumbomum said...

I think I want to come stay with you and follow your plan! Sounds great -- especially the nine hours of sleep!

Ahu said...

Hey I love it all! I am also starting the effort of feeding myself better! And the eye cream tip, I also recently begin putting eye cream on upper lip area but did not know about between the eyes! Thanks for the tips!
xoxo
m

The Massey Family said...

You DO look great. I think it is the positive thinking -- you are truly one of the most positive people that I "know"! I have trouble sweating that much, though....even in a Bikram class! Seriously! What other exercises do you do?

peaceloveyoga said...

YAY!!

Awesome tips Tracy! I'm definitely hip to the green drinks. I used to dabble in it and have gotten away from it, and you are definitely a shining example of the benefits, while exuding youth and energy by living positively!

BEAUTIFUL!!

Tracy said...

ha..kristi, you can come on over anytime!! xx

Tracy said...

maya! love the green drinks!!
eye creme is the secret weapon i think!! we ladies need to stick together ;0) xxoo

Tracy said...

meagan~~~you are too, you are a shining example to be constantly!
my other exercise is running...many miles....
yesterday after my 9 miler, my clothes were so soaked they weighed a TON!!! Love it though~~
xxoo

Tracy said...

LG~~
well, you know i love ya!! You are a beautiful, glowing woman who already knows all about how to stay beautiful and youthful..
and who had a ROCKIN' Yoga practice to boot! xxxx

nappper said...

Hey, Tracy, You forgot to mention your Ray, you have no idea, how your face beams with such light when the two of you sit together...

hugs
Jean

Tracy said...

yes jean! but i thought went without saying...as Everyone knows how much he LIGHTS up my World!!
Thanks for the reminder..and the nice compliment~~xo

Angela said...

Thanks for the health tips! I need all of the help I can get! I will be 49 this Feb. I've been going to a Ayurvedic treatment center since July, doing yoga and working out in our gym. I've lost 25 lbs. I eat veggies and fish, no meat. I feel so much better. I like the eye cream tip and will starting putting it on my upper lip as well tonight. XO

Tracy said...

That is SO Awesome Angela!!! Keep on going girl..you look SO beautiful~~and the feeling is incredible isn't it?!! Love you!