>

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Letting it Go

I was having a conversation today with someone I am very close to.

We were talking about the past and I was reminded of times long ago that I had completely forgotten about. Memories that I just would not have ever thought about if I had not been reminded.
I got to thinking about our conversation after I had hung up the phone.

What makes us remember certain things from our past and what makes us forget?
I honestly do not know the answer to this question.
If you do, Please clue me in.

What makes one person cling so tightly to memories that would better off forgotten...
when the pain they hold causes you so much pain to this day?

I don't know if it is something that "protects" you and you are Blessed because you don't remember..and you can live your life and move on.

Maybe this is all just too "deep" to even ever know the answer.
But I do know that some burdens are just too heavy to carry and ultimately we walk through life a little lighter without that burden on our shoulders.




“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that that situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
~Steve Maraboli  Life, the Truth and Being Free

No comments: