>

Friday, August 1, 2014

Saturday Morning and my days on an Indian scooter.

This is day three of my entry back into India and I have been BUSY!

To update you from yesterdays post..
my how things change and Fast!

Remember how I was just So Brave yesterday?

Ya, well, today is a Completely Different Story my friends...
I was So Brave for sure when I had my entourage Chris and Warren and I was sandwiched in between them on these quite crazy and confusing and dangerous roads...
but the very Second they weren't there protecting me..guess who got scared to death? 

Ya, you guessed it..This girl who has been riding a Vespa for about 6 years now and is Fearless on it...IN The US that is!!


I had a Very Close Call yesterday with a car and a rickshaw and I don't think I have to tell you that I trusted my gut and my intuition and I returned the scooter yesterday.
At least for the time being as I am living much too far out to even consider it again right now. 
Besides all the rain we have had and the Winds!! I do Not remember ever having winds this strong here before...
but to be perfectly honest with you..
it isn't the Rain nor the Winds that scare me.
It's the roads and the people driving on them..
you see the roads here are really quite unpredictable.
You have pot holes Everywhere and they range from tiny to HUGE and you don't know how deep they go and after my phone call to Chris yesterday telling him of my plan to return the scooter and mentioning the pot holes, his response was "Oh, tell me about it. Those pot holes have KILLED people" 
Need I go on?
He had me at Killed.

Not to mention the Speed Bumps (or Humps as they refer to them here)..
I don't think I have ever ridden over so many anywhere in the world I have ever driven..
they are literally Everywhere!

Then we have the rules to the road...
There. Are. None.
Do I need to continue?

I was a hot mess on a cloudy day in August yesterday and I have never felt such a sigh of relief as when I handed over those scooter keys back to Harish.
I felt as though a bad weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

So...this presents a new challenge..
Plan B on getting to my Yoga class at 7:15 a.m. 

Safer, more comfortable and protection from the early morning rain.
It's a no brainer for the time being anyway.
I start class tomorrow...
and I feel a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I feel relieved to hear this. xo

Tracy said...

Thanks Karen~ you and a few others I told yesterday as well! xx